Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is known as the best aviation and aerospace university. Students who attend ERAU have made an excellent choice because employers value the technical skills that students acquire at ERAU; however, employers are also seeking people who have the eight career readiness competencies identified by National Association of Colleges and Employers. Students can begin developing these competencies at ERAU right now with Eagle Elevate!
Eagle Elevate is an initiative at ERAU that empowers students by providing opportunities to develop the career readiness competencies and the ability to articulate these competencies in an interview. Read more at Eagle Elevate.
Students can ask themselves if they have the competencies that employers are seeking. They can fortify their strengths and develop the other competencies through Eagle Elevate.
- Career Preparation—Can I articulate my strengths, skills, and knowledge related to my career goals? Do I know how to navigate job options and pursue job opportunities?
- Collaboration—Can I build collaborative relationships with diverse people and work well in a team environment?
- Communication—Can I articulate my ideas clearly, speak publicly, listen actively, and write effectively?
- Critical Thinking—Can I use sound reasoning and analytical skills to analyze issues, make decisions, and overcome problems? Can I obtain, interpret, and use knowledge, facts, and data and demonstrate originality and inventiveness?
- Digital Fluency—Can I leverage existing technology ethically and efficiently to complete tasks. Can I adapt to new technologies and use technology to locate, organize, create, design and manipulate data, images, and information?
- Global Fluency—Can I demonstrate openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and the ability to interact respectfully with all people?
- Leadership—Can I leverage the strengths of others to achieve common goals and use interpersonal skills to coach, develop, and motivate others? Can I organize, prioritize, and delegate work?
- Professionalism—Do I have effective work habits, such as punctuality, working productively, personal accountability, time management, integrity, and ethical behavior?
Learn more about these competencies at Eagle Elevate Competencies.
The best way for students to develop these high-demand competencies is through participation in activities, clubs, organizations, on-campus employment, residential programs, and academic coursework. By getting involved on campus, students will acquire the skills that employers look for in new hires. Students can track their progress with each of these skills in Campus Groups under My Tracks/Checklists and earn digital badges by completing tasks on the checklists. Eagle Elevate is a great way for students to take their education to the next level and soar into their future career.