The Spring Industry/Career Expo was held on Tuesday, February 25th, 2020. It was a successful event. The Daytona Beach Career Services Office hosted 105 companies and over 300 recruiters exhibiting. Approximately 1580 students, alumni, and guests attended the event. Over 170 interviews were conducted during the week of the Career Expo.
The Daytona Beach Career Services Office asked employers attending the Daytona Beach Industry/Career Expo to provide us with specific advice that we could share with students and alumni as well as compliments, comments, or suggestions. Below are some of the insights they were happy to share.
- Great ability of candidate, professionalism and education background- Air Transport International
- Better organized resumes- was easy to find experiences. Good use of active/action verbs. Elevator speeches could use some improvement. Too long from some students- GE Aviation
- Good pool of candidates. Most have the desired skills and experience- JACOBS
- Have students do their research prior to arriving- Mesa Airlines
- Very Enthusiastic and professional students- Mountain Air Cargo
- Students were very professional, well prepared and passionate about working in the aviation industry- Dassault Falcon Jet
- Never seen a more professional, prepared group of students. Our challenge is selecting from the extremely talented pool of young men and women- Leading Edge Associates, Inc.
- Good candidates- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Best dressed students and very polite- Peace Corps
- Overall most candidates had good communication skills. Several were really nervous which is to be expected- Phoenix Air Group, Inc.
- Get on LinkedIn and connect with people. Opening up your network is vital when looking for a job- Port Authority of NY and NJ
- Soft skills of potential candidates were great, wish they spoke a little louder/clearer- Satcom Direct
- Prepared, knowledgeable, and engaged! Awesome students and experience- SkySkopes
- Most professionally prepared students we’ve seen- U.S Space and Rocket Center
- Most seemed very prepared and professional with reasonable expectations- Wharton-Smith, Inc.