Has the stress of knowing how to answer the omnipresent interview question – Tell me about yourself – ever keep you at night? Or contemplate how to use social media during a job search? CareerSpots offers 2 to 4 minute videos offering career advice and empowering students to develop their own career paths. These videos give real world advice from over 100 global experts who work at high profile companies. CareerSpots’ videos are available 24/7 via the ERAU Career Services website and can be found here.
There are three different categories of videos to watch:
1. Career Ready: These focus on the 8 National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) Career Competencies
- Career Management
- Critical Thinking/Program Solving
- Digital Technology
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
2. Job Search: These videos focus on everything from starting a job search to creating a resume to networking, interviewing, and salary negotiating.
3. Internship Bytes: These various videos focus on why someone should think about interning, preparing for an internship search, interviewing, and transitioning from intern to employee.
Watching these videos give students/alumni more confidence in learning about topics from experts. Enjoy watching on any device!