The Career Services Office recognizes that the pursuit of a full-time position can be a lengthy process. It is worth noting that the actual job search process can provide as much of a learning experience as the job itself. The primary function of the Job Search Toolkit is to facilitate the job search process by providing structure and organization, while offering various resources to help you market yourself effectively to prospective employers.
The Job Search Toolkit contains the components described below. It is recommended that you also save supplemental materials such as job descriptions and copies of written correspondence in a binder to best help you keep track. You may use the toolkit in its entirety, or select those sections that are most applicable to your needs.
- Introduction to the Toolkit
- Are You Career Ready?
- 8 Steps to Landing a Full-time Job
- Strengths, Challenges, Opportunities, and Threats (SCOT)
- Resume and Cover Letter Guide
- Networking Worksheet
- Employer Contact Log
- Steps to Acing a Job Interview
- Preparing for a Behavioral Interview Worksheet
- Progress Report
- Salary Negotiation Tips