To access Handshake
- Log into your ERNIE account and click the yellow Handshake icon that says “Student & Alumni Jobs/Internships” on the right side of your homepage
- Click the icon to be automatically logged into the system
Upload your Documents
- Put your cursor over your name in the top right corner then click Documents.
- Click on the Select from Computer link or drag and drop a PDF or Word doc
- Click the Browse button to find your document.
- Rename your document (if applicable) and select the Document Type from the drop down menu then Add Document.
- It will take a few seconds to upload in the system
There are several options once your resume is uploaded:
- Feature on Profile – resume will now be visible on profile once approved by Career Services staff
- Build Profile from Resume – your profile will be built based on all the components of your resume. You will need to approve all of the sections (in gray)
- Edit Document – can change your resume’s name, document type, make the resume public, upload a new resume, and/or add a description
Update your Profile
- Click the Jobs link on the top toolbar.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your job search OR just review all available positions in the system
- Click on the job title to review the job description and application requirements.
- Click the star to favorite a job or company.
- Put your cursor over your name and select My Profile.
- You will see sections containing Education, Work Experience, Organizations/Extracurricular, Courses, Projects, Skills, Social Links, and Short Bio
- Each section will have an [Edit] link.
- Quickly update your profile by uploading your resume and building profile from that document.
- After your profile is complete, select Make Profile Public so that employers can search for you.
Searching for Jobs, Internships and Co-ops
Create Search Alerts
You can create search alerts based on specific filters.
- Edit the search title, how to get notified and frequency of alerts.
Searching for Employers
- Click the Jobs option on the top toolbar. Then click Employers.
- Search for employers based on specific criteria such as location, employer size, industry, etc.
- Favorite Employers by clicking on the star
Searching for On-Campus Interviews
- Click the Jobs option on the top toolbar. Then click On-Campus Interviews.
- View all upcoming interviews on campus.
Searching for Upcoming On-Campus Events
- Click on Events on the top toolbar.
- Search for on campus events, upcoming Industry/Career Expos and view the calendar feature to see month, week, or day at a glance
- To view details, employer’s registered and/or RSVP, click on the Career Event’s name.
Searching for Additional Resources
- To view additional resources such as GoinGlobal, CareerShift, and CareerSpots, please go to Career Center on the top toolbar then click Resources.