Handshake is user-friendly and allows students and alumni to take charge of their job search from virtually anywhere. Students and alumni use Handshake to apply for internships, co-ops and full-time opportunities and keep up to date with upcoming on-campus events, all of which can be accessed from any mobile device. Through the system, students and alumni can receive customized notifications by following employers, saving jobs and internships to review later, and creating a solid profile for the machine learning technology to suggest job and internship matches. There are currently over 900 colleges and universities using the system with over 500,000 employers worldwide.
To access Handshake, please use the appropriate option below:
Current Students/Recent Alumni (Less than Two Years Since Degree Completion)
Embry-Riddle offers single sign-on service for Handshake through ERNIE:
- Log in to ERNIE
- Go to Tools > All Tools > Select the Handshake icon
- You will be automatically logged in to Handshake (you can now create or update your profile)
- Once you’ve activated your account, review your “User Settings” and “Career Preferences” to ensure you receive jobs, events, Career Services notifications and emails
**Non-degree seeking students are not automatically added to Handshake and will therefore need to create an account manually at https://erau.joinhandshake.com/register.
***Incoming (NEW) students will be automatically added to Handshake after the late registration deadline of the first semester of enrollment. Once added, you can access Handshake vie ERNIE.
Alumni (More than Two Years Since Degree Completion)
- Visit https://erau.joinhandshake.com/
- Click on “Sign in with your email address” and enter your personal email address in the box (DO NOT click on the blue “ERAU” box). See note below if your email is not recognized.
- Then click on the blue “Next” box
- Click on “Log in using your Handshake credentials” (again, DO NOT click on the blue “ERAU” box)
- First time users: click on “Get Started” and Handshake will send you an email with instructions to set your password. Returning users: Enter your password
*If your personal email is not recognized, you can submit an Alumni Email Request Change Form. Once our office updates your email address in Handshake, you will receive an email confirmation and you can proceed with the account activation process.
Once you’ve activated your Handshake account, you can check the box to share your profile with employers, update your notification preferences on your profile, upload a resume into the system, opt-in to communication preferences and build out your profile. After a Career Services professional reviews your resume, you will be ready to apply for job opportunities.
To request to inactivate your account after finding a job, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit out our Handshake Resources for Employers.
Please contact Career Services at email@example.com or connect with a Career Services Program Manager to request a Handshake account.
Need Additional Support?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.